Breast cancer is a kind of cancer that develops from breast cells,although it can spread to other parts of the body. It can occur in both men and women, but it is rare in men.
Causes of breast cancer or risk factors:
1) Getting older
2)Genetics:Women who have a close relative who has/had breast or ovarian cancer are more likely to develop breast cancer. ...
3) A history of breast cancer
4) Having had certain types of breast lumps
5) Dense breast tissue
6) Estrogen exposure
10)HRT (hormone replacement therapy)
Women who detect any of the following symptoms should tell their doctor:
* A lump in a breast
* A pain in the armpits or breast that does not seem to be related to the woman's menstrual period.
* Pitting or redness of the skin of the breast; like the skin of an orange
* A rash around (or on) one of the nipples
* A swelling (lump) in one of the armpits
* An area of thickened tissue in a breast
* One of the nipples has a discharge; sometimes it may contain blood
* The nipple changes in appearance; it may become sunken or inverted.
* The size or the shape of the breast changes
* The nipple-skin or breast-skin may have started to peel.
The main breast cancer treatment options may include:
* Radiation therapy (radiotherapy)
* Biological therapy (targeted drug therapy)
* Hormone therapy
Preventing breast cancer:
Some lifestyle changes can help significantly reduce a risk of developing breast cancer:
- [ ] Reduce alcohol consumption
- [ ] physical activity :can lower breast cancer risk.
- [ ] Diet:women who regularly consumed fish and marine n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids had a 14% lower risk.
- [ ] Limiting hormone therapy may help reduce the risk of developing breast cancer.
- [ ] Healthy bodyweight.
- [ ] Women at high risk of breast cancer - the doctor may recommend estrogen-blocking drugs, including tamoxifen and raloxifene.
- [ ] Breastfeeding.
lie down and put your left arm under your head.use your right hand to examine your left breast.with your 3 middle fingers flat,move gently in small circular motions over the entire breast checking for any lump,hard knot or thickening.use different levels of pressure-light,medium and firm over each area of your breast.check the whole breast,from your collarbone above your breast,switch arms and repeat on the other brest. designer collections for wedding in short