I always like to try at least one new recipe for each retreat event...tonight it's Savory Cheese-Plate Quick Bread. The house smells wonderful right now with the fragrance of fresh-baked bread wafting in the air... short prom selections specially for petite girls
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp thyme leaves, dried
1 6 oz goat cheese log, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I used 4 oz log)
1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachios (I substituted walnuts)
1/2 cup roughly chopped dried apricots
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour bread pan
2. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper and thyme. Add goat cheese, nuts and apricots. Toss gently with rubber spatula to coat.
3. In another large bowl, add eggs, oil, yogurt and honey. Whisk vigorously to blend well until mixture forms a pale yellow color.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, folding gently with spatula until just combined. Pour into prepared bread pan.
5. Bake 40 min or until loaf is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
Love using some local ingredients - eggs from Sugar River Farm in Belleville and honey from Gentle Breeze Honey Inc in Mt Horeb :-)